A key element of the EPR-3 Guidelines is the importance of accurate assessment of each asthma patient to determine the level of severity and control of the disease so that effective treatment can be prescribed. In this Practice Improvement Module (PIM) you will:
- compare your current practice to the recommendations in the guidelines
- use simple quality improvement (QI) tools that are integral to practice improvement
- learn about tools that can assist you with incorporating QI initiatives into your practice, which can impact patient care and outcomes
- identify areas of practice strength and opportunities for improvement through the collection of patient and practice data
- develop a QI plan
- implement interventions
- complete a post-assessment process to determine if improvement was achieved
While achieving 100% compliance with the clinical measures assessed in this module is ideal, it is not required to successfully complete the module. Your completion of the entire QI process is the main requirement. All users who complete the entire PIM – regardless of the degree of improvement achieved - will receive up to 20 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditsTM. Additionally, the American Board of Allergy and Immunology (ABAI) accepts this PIM to meet the practice improvement requirements of Part IV of their Maintenance of Certification program.
Asthma IQ: Patient Assessment
Asthma IQ: Patient Management and Outcomes
The educational tutorial on the EPR-3 asthma guidelines has been updated and can be found here.
Additional asthma-focused educational activities can be found here.
For more information or questions contact email@example.com.