Ask the Expert

Search Questions & Answers

Search the Ask the Expert archive to see if the topic related to your question has already been covered.

Enter keyword (i.e. food allergies)

Ask the Expert serves the needs of licensed healthcare professionals who have questions about diagnosing and treating their patients' allergies and asthma.

Questions from the general public will not be answered.

Ask the Expert receives hundreds of questions every year. Questions are answered by Dr. Phil Lieberman, Clinical Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics in the Departments of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics (Divisions of Allergy and Immunology) at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine. Dr. Lieberman is a former president of the AAAAI. He has authored over 225 scientific publications and books.

Dr. Lieberman's Financial Disclosures

If you are not a medical professional, please visit Conditions & Treatments for general information. To find an allergist / immunologist near you, use the AAAAI's Find an Allergist / Immunologist service.

For coding and billing questions please email

Ask A Question

Healthcare Professionals: If you can’t find what you are looking for, please send us your question.

Ask now

Consult with a Clinical Immunologist »

Get expert advice regarding immunodeficiency diseases.

Donate Today »

The future of the specialty depends on educating tomorrow's specialists. Give to the ARTrust.

Educate your Patients »

AAAAI members can download many patient materials for free from the AAAAI Library.

AAAAI - American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology