Practice matters to the AAAAI. The AAAAI has launched the Office of Practice Management, a group within the AAAAI designed to serve as a dedicated resource for the AAAAI membership on practice management issues. Given the rapidly changing healthcare environment, it is imperative to have a centralized unit that supports A/I physicians in clinical practice in a myriad of ways. The Office of Practice Management includes leaders of the AAAAI’s Regional, State and Local Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Societies (RSLAAIS) Assembly, a former President of the AAAAI, and additional practicing allergists who know well and face the same challenges that you do in practice, every day.
This group oversees a comprehensive, multi-faceted set of activities designed to empower and support allergist/immunologists in practice, building upon the successes of the AAAAI Practice Management Committee’s outstanding ongoing efforts of many years. Between those ongoing programs and the additional programs now being offered, the AAAAI is pleased to be your source for the following benefits:
• Coding information and resources: The AAAAI is your source for coding expertise. We can answer your day-to-day questions with the help of A/I coding expert Teresa Thompson, CPC, CMSCS. Simply submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. The AAAAI website also has a multitude of coding resources for your practice.
• Healthcare organization relations: Building on our years of providing feedback on behalf of AI physicians and patients to payers on issues of evidence based care, we also now track and analyze trends data from payers across the country through the Policy Reporter. The AAAAI also participates in numerous independent organizations, coalitions and networks to represent your interests in quality, policy, and healthcare reimbursement.
• Legislative and regulatory advocacy: The AAAAI has expanded on its history of advocacy on issues including research funding, GME and comparative effectiveness of immunotherapy in allergy and asthma patients, recently adding a range of additional issues around physician reimbursement and patient access. We work with Hart Health and Washington Health Advocates to strategize and respond to key topics affecting the specialty. Stay up to date on our efforts by visiting the AAAAI advocacy webpage.
• Practice Management Workshop: Since 2004, the AAAAI has held nine Practice Management Workshops dedicated to the business of A/I practice. This unique AAAAI annual event focuses on the day to day issues that all A/I physicians face—whether in solo private practice, a multi-specialty group or the academic setting. Many practices participate year after year, sending practice leaders and staff to what they call an unparalleled learning experience.
• AAAAI Registry and QCDR: AAAAI’s registry is a comprehensive and multi-purpose solution that allows you to engage with your outcomes data and specialty-specific performance measures in a way you haven’t before. AAAAI’s vision is for the registry to bring together four important objectives – quality improvement, clinical research, patient-reported outcomes, and regulatory reporting – all onto one platform powered by ArborMetrix, AAAAI’s technology and analytics partner.
By participating in the registry, you can: Improve outcomes and advance care in the specialty; optimize performance under regulatory programs such as the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS); create knowledge through the use of registry-data; and demonstrate the efficacy, safety, and positive outcomes of provider preparation and administration of allergen immunotherapy.
• Practice Matters: This monthly AAAAI email keeps you informed on the latest issues that affect practicing allergists and what the AAAAI is doing to address them. With content contributed by the RSLs, the Advocacy Committee, the Practice Management Committee and others, you get quick monthly access to what leading practicing allergists identify as content you need to know now. (An archive of past issues can be found below.)
Meet the Members of the AAAAI Office of Practice Management