Allergist / Immunologist

Allergist / immunologists, often referred to as allergists, are specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of allergies, asthma and immune deficiency disorders. 

Allergists in the United States have completed medical school, at least three years of residency in pediatrics or internal medicine, then at least two years of specialized training in allergy and immunology. To be board certified, they must pass an examination given by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology. To maintain board-certification, allergists must regularly attend continuing medical education programs in allergy and immunology.

Make certain you are treated by an expert. The AAAAI's Find an Allergist / Immunologist service is a trusted resource to help you find a specialist close to home.

Video: When should I see an allergist? (what are allergists and what they do)

Close-up of pine tree branches in Winter Close-up of pine tree branches in Winter