I follow a 14 year-old female with milk allergy (severe); can you recommend an allergist or clinic where I can refer this patient for oral desensitization?


Thank you for your inquiry.

There are a number of centers involved in research in food allergy. Many of these centers have research programs involving desensitization to foods. I am not sure, regardless of who the patient sees, that your patient will be a candidate for a desensitization procedure. However, I can give you the website of those centers which are a member of the consortium of food allergy research (COFAR). This will give you the address, telephone number, and e-mail contact information for each center. They will be able to evaluate your patient and suggest proper therapy which may include a desensitization procedure.

Thank you again for your inquiry and we hope this response is helpful to you.

Phil Lieberman, M.D.

Close-up of pine tree branches in Winter Close-up of pine tree branches in Winter