International In-Training and PhD Member
The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) represents a dynamic and diverse group of medical professionals focused on advancing the knowledge and practice of allergic disease. International fellows-in-training or PhD/Post-doctoral members are granted AAAAI membership free for a period of up to three years. This membership type is for any fellow-in-training, doctoral candidate or post-doctoral fellow outside the United States, its possessions or Canada engaged in a training program or research related to the field.
- No fee for membership
- Discounted subscription to The Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology (JACI) and The Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology: In Practice
- FREE registration to the Annual Meeting
- Participation on committees, interest sections and assemblies
- Subscriptions to our monthly and quarterly member-related publications
- Full access to the AAAAI website, including sections for members only
- Listing in the AAAAI Membership Directory
- Access to your AAAAI peers in a member’s only LinkedIn community
- Discounted subscription rate to UpToDate
Continue on to the online application.
International In-training member: Any physician outside the United States its possessions or Canada, accepted or enrolled in an approved allergy / immunology training program or a program in a related medical subspecialty shall be eligible to be elected as an international in-training member. This includes those extending their fellowship training for research.
International PhD/post-doctoral member: Any doctoral candidate or post-doctoral fellow outside the United States its possessions or Canada (excluding those extending their fellowship training for research), who has been accepted to or is engaged in a research program related to allergy / immunology or a related field is eligible to be elected as an international PhD/post-doctoral member.
If you are currently enrolled in a residency program (pediatrics, internal medicine, etc.), you are not yet eligible to apply. According to our policies, you can apply as early as 2 months prior to the start date of your allergy / immunology fellowship training. This means you would need to wait until you complete your residency and are about to begin your fellowship program before you become eligible.
About the Application
Please note that all candidates, along with their application, must be sure to include a current copy of their CV and a brief letter from their training / research director. This letter must include the start and completion dates of your research program in order to be considered for membership.
About the Membership Process
- If an application is approved, it is then sent to the Board of Directors with a recommendation for approval.
- Applicants will be notified as to the status of their application.
- Final approval of all applications is decided on by the voting membership. Only the individuals’ names will be listed in the AAAAI Impact magazine for the membership to review.
- New members are inducted during the annual AAAAI Business Meeting.