We are pleased that you are interested in joining the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI). The AAAAI represents a dynamic and diverse group of medical professionals focused on advancing the knowledge and practice of allergic disease.
- $25 application fee (this fee does not count towards the yearly membership fee)
- $75 yearly membership fee
- Discounted subscription to The Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology (JACI) and The Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology: In Practice
- Discounted registration to the AAAAI Annual Meeting
- Participation on committees, interest sections and assemblies
- Subscriptions to our monthly and quarterly member-related publications
- Full access to the AAAAI website, including sections available for members only
- Access to your AAAAI peers in a member’s only LinkedIn community
- Discounted subscription rate to UpToDate
Download the PDF application.
Complete the online application.
Persons engaged in the field of allergy / immunology or a related field, in patient care, in a technical or administrative capacity, or who work in research laboratories are eligible for allied health membership. Examples include licensed practical nurses (LPNs), registered nurses (RNs), physician's assistants (PAs), nurse practitioners, asthma educators, respiratory therapists, pharmacists and research coordinators. Physicians (MD, DO, etc.) are not eligible for allied health membership.
About the Application
Remember to submit your letter of intent as the cover sheet with your application. This letter should include a personal statement regarding your interest in allergy / immunology as well as your current and future plans within the specialty.
An online recommendation from both a Fellow and a full or allied health member of the AAAAI must accompany all applications for membership. Please choose your sponsors and ask that they use the Sponsor an Applicant form to complete an online recommendation for you. To locate sponsors in your area, use the AAAAI Find an Allergist / Immunologist Directory.
If your sponsors are unable to complete the online form, they can use the AAAAI Recommendation Form.
Please note that AAAAI is not responsible for locating or contacting sponsors to complete recommendations.
About the Membership Process
- Once an application is received and considered complete, it will be sent to the Allied Health Membership Committee for review.
- If an application is approved by the Allied Health Membership Committee, it is then sent to the Board of Directors with a recommendation for approval.
- Applicants will be notified within a month of the Board meeting as to the status of their application.
- Final approval of all applications is decided on by the voting membership. Only the individuals’ names will be listed in the AAAAI Impact magazine for the membership to review.
- New allied health members are inducted during the annual AAAAI Business Meeting.