Faculty Development Program
BUILD YOUR NETWORK.
IMPROVE YOUR GRANT WRITING.
PREPARE FOR YOUR CAREER IN RESEARCH.
“I was blown away by how much quality advice the mentors gave to me after only a few short minutes of knowing me – this outside perspective was what I really needed to re-evaluate my career trajectory.”
The application process for the 2022 Faculty Development Program is now closed. Applicants will be notified by the beginning of June.
All applicants to the 2022 AAAAI Faculty Development Program, taking place in Milwaukee, WI, September 22-25, must currently meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
• Senior Fellow-in-training or Junior Faculty, as defined below.
Senior Fellow-in-training: an individual who has completed at least one year of fellowship and will still hold a training position at the time of the Program.
Junior Faculty: an individual who graduated from a clinical allergy/immunology training program in 2017 or later and will hold a faculty position at a US or Canadian institution at the time of the Program.
• Based at an accredited institution in the United States or Canada.
• Committed to attending the full duration of the program.
Accepted participants are expected to be in attendance from the beginning of the program at 6:00pm on Thursday, September 22, 2022, to the conclusion at 11:30am on Sunday, September 25, 2022. Requests to arrive late or depart early will be denied.
Priority will be given to applicants who have not participated in past Faculty Development Program or Hypersensitivity Summer School Programs; however, past participants who meet all eligibility criteria may apply.
Please note: All accepted applicants who are not currently members of the AAAAI (in any membership type) will be required to submit a complete membership application prior to attending the 2022 Faculty Development Program. Additional information about AAAAI membership can be found here.
All applications must be submitted by 11:59pm CDT on Tuesday, May 17, 2022 APPLY HERE. Applications submitted via email will not be considered.
• Career Statement (500 word maximum)
Enter a personal statement outlining your career goals, personal commitment to A/I research, and how you anticipate attendance at the 2022 AAAAI Faculty Development Program will benefit you now and in the future. Career statements will be reviewed utilizing the criteria below:
- Career Goals: Are the career goals clearly outlined, attainable, and beneficial to the A/I field?
- Anticipated Benefits of Participation: Has the applicant outlined realistic and valuable anticipated benefits from participation in the Program?
- Quality of Statement: Is the statement clear, well written, and thoughtful?
• Abstract (250 word maximum)
Upload a PDF file of your abstract. Abstracts may address planned, ongoing, or recent research. Abstracts must fit on a single page and follow the formatting guidelines outlined below.
Review Criteria: Abstracts may address planned, ongoing, or recent research, and should provide a starting point for discussion regarding the research process or conclusions. Abstracts will be reviewed for:
- Significance and Value: Is there an important contribution to practice, research, theory, or knowledge?
- Methodology: Are the study design, analytical methods, and experimental methods all appropriate and innovative?
- Structure/Format: Is the abstract well written, coherent, and organized in a logical manner?
Format: All abstracts must fit on a single letter-sized (8.5” x 11”) document with a one-inch margin on all sides. The abstract title and authors should be clearly listed at the top of the page. For abstracts with multiple authors, please bold or otherwise identify the author applying to the Program. Abstracts may include tables or photographs; however, all inclusions must fit within the one page maximum.
Confidentiality: Abstracts from accepted applicants may be printed in the program book for review and discussion by participants and mentors. Applicants who do not wish to have their abstracts included due to confidentiality concerns should notify staff upon receipt of their invitation.
• Curriculum Vitae (3 page maximum)
Upload a PDF file of your CV.
• Letter of Support (2 page maximum)
Upload a PDF file of a letter of support or recommendation from your training program director or division chief.
All application materials must be submitted in English. Uploaded materials that are not PDF files or do not meet the page limit requirements will not be considered as part of the application review.
Please contact email@example.com with questions about application submission or the 2022 Faculty Development Program.