We are pleased that you are interested in joining your peers as a full member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI). The AAAAI represents a dynamic and diverse group of medical professionals focused on advancing the knowledge and practice of allergic disease. This membership type is for non-members with an advanced post-graduate degree from an accredited institution and at least two full years of training and/or research in the field.
- $35 application fee (this fee does not count towards the yearly membership fee)
- $475 yearly membership fee
- Subscription to The Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology (JACI), the most highly cited journal in the specialty
- Subscription to The Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology: In Practice
- Early and discounted registration to the AAAAI Annual Meeting
- Eligibility to vote in AAAAI elections
- Discounts on public education materials and a variety of member services
- Participation on committees, interest sections and assemblies
- Subscriptions to our monthly and quarterly member-related publications
- Full access to the AAAAI website, including sections available for members only
- Listing in the AAAAI Find an Allergist / Immunologist Directory and the AAAAI Membership Directory
- Access to your AAAAI peers in a member’s only LinkedIn community
- Discounted subscription rate to UpToDate
Continue on to the online application.
In order to qualify as a full member, you must meet all of the following:
- Be a resident of the United States, its possessions or Canada;
- Have earned an advanced post-graduate degree from an accredited academic institution;
- Have completed at least two full years of training and/or research in the field of allergy / immunology or a related field;
- Provide evidence of ongoing practice, teaching or research in the fields of allergy / immunology or a related field;
- Demonstrate ability to abide by the requirements of full membership, the Bylaws of the organization and any and all policies or other rules thereof.
About the Application
- Remember to submit your letter of intent as the cover sheet with your application. This letter should include a personal statement regarding your interest in allergy / immunology as well as your current and future plans within the specialty.
- Include a current Curriculum Vitae, copies of board certificates and list of publications (if applicable).
An online recommendation from a Fellow of the AAAAI must accompany all applications for membership. Please choose your sponsor and ask that they use the Sponsor an Applicant form to complete an online recommendation for you. To locate a sponsor in your area, use the AAAAI Find an Allergist / Immunologist Directory.
If your sponsors are unable to complete the online form, they can use the AAAAI Recommendation Form.
Please note that AAAAI is not responsible for locating or contacting sponsors to complete recommendations.
About the Membership Process
- Once an application is received and considered complete, it will be sent to the Credentials Committee for review.
- If an application is approved by the Credentials Committee, it is then sent to the Board of Directors with a recommendation for approval.
- Applicants will be notified within a month of the Board meeting as to the status of their application.
- Final approval of all applications is decided on by the voting membership. Only the individuals’ names will be listed in the AAAAI Impact magazine for the membership to review.
- New members are inducted during the annual AAAAI Business Meeting.