The AAAAI Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Quality Clinical Data Registry in Collaboration with CECity (AAAAI QCDR) is a CMS approved registry for the 2016 Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) program year. The AAAAI QCDR is the only PQRS reporting option with allergen immunotherapy measures available for reporting and is designed as a practice improvement tool.
With the registry, you can fulfill:
• Three Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) categories: Starting in 2017, Quality, Advancing Care Information (ACI) and Clinical Practice Improvement Activity (CPIA) compromise 90% of the composite performance score. The AAAAI QCDR can help you to fulfill these requirements.
• Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) program: The AAAAI QCDR can still be used for the 2016 PQRS reporting before the 2017 MIPS reporting is in effect.
• PQRS Reporting Options: The AAAAI QCDR offers either individual or Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) for groups of 2 or more eligible providers.
• Meaningful Use (MU) public health reporting: The AAAAI QCDR can be used as a specialized registry for allergen/immunology.
• NEW! MOC Credits for CME Activities: The AAAAI QCDR has been approved for MOC Part IV for up to 20 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™. AAAAI QCDR MOC Requirements
• Report at least 9 measures (PQRS measures and/or non-PQRS measures) available for reporting under a QCDR covering at least 3 National Quality Strategy (NQS) domains (Click here for list of AAAAI QCDR measures by NQS Domain)
• Report each measure for at least 50% of the eligible professional's patients (across all payers, not limited to Medicare)
• Of these measures, the eligible professional would report on at least 2 outcome measures (the AAAAI QCDR host 4 outcomes measures)
• If 2 outcome measures are not available, report at least 1 outcome measure and at least 1 of the following other type of measure: resource use, patient experience of care, efficiency appropriate use, or patient safety measure.
Reporting period for CY2016: January 1 - December 31, 2016 to satisfactorily participate in a QCDR to avoid the 2018 payment adjustment.
NEW for 2016: Group practices of 2+ EPs participating in the GPRO have the option to report quality measures via QCDR.
PQRS group practices choosing to participate in PQRS via QCDR must submit a valid registration by June 30, 2016. Registration must be completed online through the Physician Value Modifier (PV) - PQRS Registration System. For additional information on PQRS group practice QCDR registration and requirements please refer to the “2016 PQRS GPRO Registration Quick Reference Guide” that will be located on the PQRS How to Get Started webpage during the first quarter of 2016.
Download the AAAAI QCDR measure specifications for detailed information regarding each measure available or view the measures table here for an overview.
How to register:
In order to register for the AAAAI QCDR:
1. Go to the AAAAI QCDR MedConcert page and click “Register”
2. Create a free MedConcert account or use your existing account to login to the MedConcert Platform
3. Sign up for the Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Quality Clinical Data Registry using the provider’s name and individual NPI number
How to electronically connect:
Currently, the following EHR vendors are electronically connected or are in the process of connecting to the AAAAI QCDR:
• Quest Diagnostics / Care360®
• STI / ChartMaker®
If you are using one of these vendors, please reach out to your EHR client representative. They may provide you additional instructions. Ultimately, you will need to register for the AAAAI QCDR using the steps listed above.
If your EHR is not listed, please contact your vendor and express your interest in using the AAAAI QCDR. Email QCDR@aaaai.org for more information.
Please note that electronic integration is required in order to fulfill the Meaningful Use objective of reporting to a specialized registry.
Annual AAAAI QCDR Fee:
• AAAAI members: $500 per provider
• Non-member: $650 per provider
Maintenance of Certification (MOC):
• ABAI Patient Survey Module – no charge
• ABAI Peer Survey Module – no charge
• AAAAI QCDR MOC Reporting Requirements - Learn more
* Additional costs may be associated with PIM registration through ABIM