Included here is a list of potentially useful EHR resources.
• HITECH Answers' mission is to provide information on the impact of the Healthcare Stimulus Package, the HITECH Act of 2009 and health information technology to healthcare providers and others needing guidance and advice from third-party resources.
• Health IT Information under the Department of Health and Human Services. (Office of the National Coordinator for HIT).
• American EHR Partners
• American College of Physicians Center for Practice Improvement & Innovation
• American Academy of Pediatrics Health Information Technology
• Center for Health IT at the American Academy of Family Physicians
• Physicians Practice section on EHRs. Multiple resources on EHRs, ePrescribing, PM software, etc.
• CCHIT - The Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT®), a nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization with the public mission of accelerating the adoption of health IT. Their purpose is to create an efficient, credible, sustainable mechanism for the certification of healthcare information technology products.
• HIMSS - HIMSS is a cause-based, not-for-profit organization exclusively focused on providing global leadership for the optimal use of information technology (IT) and management systems for the betterment of healthcare.
• Allergy EMR User Group—an independent user group run by an allergist for allergists currently using or looking to implement EHRs; designed to foster discussion among allergists about EHR issues specific for the practicing allergist. Is set up on LinkedIn and is by invitation only. If interested in joining contact Melinda Rathkopf
• EHR Information and News by CCHIT
• HealthcareIT News, published with HIMSS
• AmericanEHR Partners Blog
These links are for research only. They are not endorsed by The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI).