Open Call for At-Large Director Board Candidates, Applications Due April 30
One of the benefits of full membership in the AAAAI is the opportunity to vote on and select the individuals who help direct our organization, the officers and directors of the AAAAI Board of Directors.
During the past year, the Nominating Committee has made some significant changes to the process by which Board candidates are selected. The AAAAI is pleased to announce that all members will now have the opportunity to self-nominate—if they are a Fellow—or nominate another AAAAI Fellow to be considered for at-large director positions. This process will help in continuing to bring forth the most diverse and inclusive set of candidates for each year’s Board election.
Criteria for a potential Board member include:
- Must be an AAAAI Fellow (FAAAAI) in good standing (The ability to serve on the Board comes with achieving Fellow status)
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to think independently and work effectively in a collective decision-making body
- Effective prior involvement within the AAAAI (committees, workgroups, task forces) or other specialty-related groups
- Integrity of action in business, association, and personal activity
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and to focus on strategic direction for the AAAAI
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to express opinion and to engage constructively in discussion and debate
If you would like to nominate yourself or another AAAAI Fellow, email John Augustyniak at email@example.com to get further information and obtain an application.
The deadline for submitting Board nomination applications is Thursday, April 30.