Instructions for Accessing The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice iPad App
IMPORTANT: To gain full access to the content in the app, you must register for a JACI: In Practice account if you do not already have one. You will be prompted to enter your new user account information once in the app. Registering is easy and can be done on the JACI: In Practice home page.
To register, you will need your account number. For AAAAI members, your account number is the same as your AAAAI member number.
1. Visit the JACI: In Practice home page here and look for the “Register” link at the top right. Select “Register and Activate Your Subscription.”
2. Enter your email address in the box next to “Email Address/Username.” Select “Register an Account” and click “Claim Online Access to Full Text Articles.”
3. The email address you used to register will be your username. Select a unique password and fill in your profile information. You can also sign up to receive email alerts with the Table of Contents for each new issue.
4. The next screen will confirm your log in creation and you will see the name of the journal listed. Below that, click on “I receive my subscription through a society membership.” Enter your AAAAI member number and your last name. If you do not know your member number, it can be found on your mailing label from any recent JACI: In Practice issue or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have entered this information, click “Claim.”
5. On your iPad, go to the iTunes store and search for “Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice.” Install the app, and open the file once it is installed.
6. The first time you try to open an article, it will say “Subscription Choice: Please choose how you’d like to subscribe.” Select “I am an existing subscriber/member,” and on the next page, enter your newly created JACI: In Practice account log in and password. Please note that you cannot use the information you use to log into the AAAAI website. It must be the information from your JACI account. Once you successfully enter that information, you will have full access to articles from the iPad app.
For questions or problems with the app, contact Elsevier Customer Support:
7:30 am - 4:00 pm CST
Toll Free: (800) 654 2452
Direct: (314) 447 8871
In Europe and Rest of World:
8:00 am - 5:00 pm GMT
Tel: +44 (0) 1865 843434