I have a patient that I need to test to Progesterone. I am not sure if what I have to test only with the Taiyu Progesterone that is listed on the protocol or if the Watsons is fine. And if there is anywhere that I could purchase a small amount of which ever one is approved for testing. The Watson one is 50mg/ml and I believe you can prick and test to that level? Thank you.


Thank you for your inquiry.

There are a number of different skin test protocols utilized to test to progesterone. We have discussed these in detail on our website, and you will be able to find these entries by typing “progesterone” into the Ask the Expert search box.

Progesterone USP in a concentration of 50 mg/mL is available in 10 mL vials. I could not find any smaller amount for purchase. You can order online, or simply call a pharmacist that you have worked with to procure a vial for you.

As noted, the testing protocols for progesterone are discussed in detail in the entries noted above, and you should have no difficulty whatsoever in obtaining a protocol which can be applied with ease by reviewing these entries.

Thank you again for your inquiry and we hope this response is helpful to you.

Phil Lieberman, M.D.

Ask A Question

Healthcare Professionals: If you can’t find what you are looking for, please send us your question.

Due to the number of questions submitted to Ask the Expert, we are experiencing a significant delay in responses at this time.

Ask now

AAAAI - American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology