An employee claiming allergy to nitrile gloves; only s/s: feet swelling; no difficulty breathing, no hand reaction. Your thoughts?


Thank you for your inquiry.

Your question is certainly important, but unfortunately, this is not the type of problem that we could deal at a distance appropriately. You would be better served by contacting an allergist in your community. The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology has a site which will list all of our members in your local community. The evaluation of a possible reaction to these gloves would best be done by a personal interview and physical examination with possible testing.

I would encourage you, therefore, to go to our "Find an Allergist / Immunologist" section.

Thank you again for your inquiry.

Phil Lieberman, M.D.

Ask A Question

Healthcare Professionals: If you can’t find what you are looking for, please send us your question.

Due to the number of questions submitted to Ask the Expert, we are experiencing a significant delay in responses at this time.

Ask now

AAAAI - American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology