The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) represents a dynamic and diverse group of medical professionals focused on advancing the knowledge and practice of allergic disease. International fellows-in-training or PhD/Post-doctoral members are granted AAAAI membership free for a period of up to three years.
- No fee for membership
- Discounted subscription to The Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology (JACI) and The Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology: In Practice
- FREE registration to the Annual Meeting
- Participation on committees, interest sections and assemblies
- Subscriptions to our monthly and quarterly member-related publications
- Full access to the AAAAI website, including sections for members only
- Listing in the AAAAI Membership Directory
- Access to your AAAAI peers in a member’s only LinkedIn community
Download the International In-Training Member PDF application.
Download the International PhD/Post-Doctoral Member PDF application.
International In-training member: Any physician outside the United States its possessions or Canada, accepted or enrolled in an approved allergy / immunology training program or a program in a related medical subspecialty shall be eligible to be elected as an international in-training member. This includes those extending their fellowship training for research.
International PhD/post-doctoral member: Any doctoral candidate or post-doctoral fellow outside the United States its possessions or Canada (excluding those extending their fellowship training for research), who has been accepted to or is engaged in a research program related to allergy / immunology or a related field is eligible to be elected as an international PhD/post-doctoral member.
If you are currently enrolled in a residency program (pediatrics, internal medicine, etc.), you are not yet eligible to apply. According to our policies, you can apply as early as 2 months prior to the start date of your allergy / immunology fellowship training. This means you would need to wait until you complete your residency and are about to begin your fellowship program before you become eligible.
About the Application
Please note that all candidates, along with their application, must be sure to include a current copy of their CV and a brief letter from their training / research director. This letter must include the start and completion dates of your research program in order to be considered for membership.