The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) represents a dynamic and diverse group of medical professionals focused on advancing the knowledge and practice of allergic disease. For as long as you are a fellow-in-training, your AAAAI membership is free. PhD/post doctoral members receive up to three years of free AAAAI membership.
- No fee for membership
- Subscription to The Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology (JACI) and The Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology: In Practice
- FREE registration to the Annual Meeting
- Participation on committees, interest sections and assemblies
- Subscriptions to our monthly and quarterly member-related publications
- Full access to the AAAAI website, including sections for members only
- Listing in the AAAAI Membership Directory
- Access to your AAAAI peers in a member’s only LinkedIn community
Download the In-Training Member PDF application.
Download the PhD/Post-Doctoral Member PDF application.
In-training member: Any physician accepted or enrolled in an approved U.S. or Canadian allergy / immunology training program or a program in a related medical subspecialty shall be eligible to be elected as an in-training member. This includes those extending their fellowship training for research.
PhD/post-doctoral member: Any doctoral candidate or post-doctoral fellow (excluding those extending their fellowship training for research) who has been accepted to or is engaged in a research program related to allergy / immunology or a related field is eligible to be elected as a PhD/post-doctoral member.
If you are currently enrolled in a residency program (pediatrics, internal medicine, etc.), you are not yet eligible to apply. According to our policies, you can apply as early as 2 months prior to the start date of your allergy / immunology fellowship training. This means you would need to wait until you complete your residency and are about to begin your fellowship program before you become eligible.
About the Application
Please note that all PhD/post-doctoral candidates, along with their application, must be sure to include a current copy of their CV and a brief letter from their training / research director. This letter must include the start and completion dates of your research program in order to be considered for membership.